Cafeteria & Patient Services Float – Food Services – Part Time/Daytime hours
Category: Administrative/General Support
Facility: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: April 14, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
Supports the goals and objectives of the Food and Nutrition Services Department by performing the functions of various areas to include, Cafeteria, Patient Services, and Food Production.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Prepare hot and cold food for patient meals, cafeteria, special functions and off-site facilities following established recipes or testing new recipes being considered for inclusion on the menus.
- Plan workflow ensuring that all assigned tasks meet time schedule requirements.
- Review special functions of the day of service with the catering hostess when assigned to catering.
- Maintain a clean, safe, sanitary, and cost effective work area
- Operate all equipment and cutting implements safely 100% of the time.
- Respond to patients, cafeteria customers and nursing requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Performs sanitation duties as assigned including cleaning dishes, pots & pans. Special cleaning tasks as needed.
- Perform assigned storeroom duties as needed, including stocking shelves, floor stock sheets and delivering of floor stock items
- Demonstrates good customer service skills, includes acknowledging patients, customers, family members and co-workers and attending to their needs.
- Deliver food items to café locations and stock food items for retail.
- Demonstrated ability to read and write and follow written and oral instructions.
- One year in food service required.
- Some basic knowledge of sanitation and food preparation preferred.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Medium
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)