COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
BW Scheduling Coordinator
At the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS), we are creating a better state of care, for our communities and our team members at more than 150 locations across Maryland.
UMMS believes all team members are caregivers—and we support our caregivers so they can care for our patients. When you join UMMS, you become part of a highly reliable community of more than 27,000, where your experience is respected, your expertise is recognized, and your passion and curiosity are nurtured. A generous benefits package supports your physical, mental, and financial health through a paid time off plan, comprehensive health coverage, dependent care and tuition reimbursement, retirement plan, wellbeing services and more.
UMMS embraces a just culture where all team members are treated fairly and are empowered to communicate their goals and pursue their full career potential. We are guided by our shared values—compassion, discovery, excellence, diversity and integrity—and we are looking for talented individuals who will embrace those values and help us achieve our mission and vision.
UMMS has been recognized as a top employer nationally and most recently is a recipient of the Forbes’ 2023 America’s Best Large Employers award, as well as Newsweek’s 2023 America’s Greatest Workplaces for Diversity and America’s Greatest Workplaces for Women honors.
share this job
BW Scheduling Coordinator
Job ID: REF23076N
Area of Interest: Nursing Support
Location: Millersville,MD US
Hours of Work: M- Th-8a-5p, F- 8a-2p
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Med Center
Employment Type: Full Time
- Under moderate supervision, performs a variety of clerical activities to support clinical operations including customer service, telephone management, scheduling, and registration. Ensures that all providers schedules are appropriately populated, telephones are managed, and complete registration information is captured prior to each patient visit.
Experience the highest level of appreciation at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center — named Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by The Baltimore Sun two years in a row (2019 & 2020); Top Workplace in the USA for 2021! As part of the acclaimed University of Maryland Medical System, our facility is one of three ANCC Pathway to Excellence® designated hospitals in Maryland. UM BWMC features one of the state’s busiest emergency departments, as well as a team of experts who care for our community and one another. The University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center (UMBWMC) provides the highest quality health care services to the communities we serve. Our medical center is home to leading-edge technology, nationally recognized quality, personalized service and outstanding people. We have 285 licensed beds and we’re home to 3,200 employees and over 800 physicians. Our expert physicians and experienced, compassionate staff are connected to medical practices in the local community as well as at University of Maryland Medical Center in downtown Baltimore. For patients, this means access to high-quality care and research discoveries aimed at improving Maryland’s health. Our physicians and nursing staff specialize in emergency, acute, medical-surgical and critical care. In addition, our medical center is home to many Centers of Excellence, offering expert outpatient health care.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Receives and triages all telephone calls utilizing procedures, policy manuals, knowledgebase and other reference materials to assist in answering customer (patients/providers/staff) inquiries and resolving customer issues.
- Performs basic registration of all patients for each appointment scheduled utilizing established policies for the capture of complete and up-to-date patient and insurance information.
- Forwards customer inquiries to providers and/or managers when specific, in-depth functional knowledge is required.
- Documents all customer inquiries, issues and transactions and performs follow up to ensure all documented issues have been addressed by the necessary staff member to ensure the customer’s needs have been met.
- Reviews all scheduled appointments for errors and works with peers to correct them prior to patients arrival.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One (1) year of experience in a call-center, or customer service related employment required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth technical and administrative knowledge of work area and function
- Recognized as a resource within function for problem solving capabilities
- Strong communication skills at all levels – including written and oral
- Strong computer skills
- Strong customer service skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW