Business Analyst – Planning and Decision Support – Full Time (Hybrid)
Facility: Luminis Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: June 20, 2022
Not ready to apply, or just want to learn more about our company and the hottest job opportunities, please join our Talent Community.
Quickly join with your social network.
SHARE THIS JOB
As part of the Decision Support Team, supports all data maintenance and analysis for the development and monitoring of the strategic business plans and business development opportunities for the Health System. Assists the Business Development team to provide useful information to the Clinical Initiative leaders in all aspects of monitoring and implementing the strategic business plans as well as monitoring their current business. Provides useful clinical and financial data to assist Department Heads in running an efficient business.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Supports the production and distribution of regular reports from the Business Development Department to Administration.
- Abstract and manipulate clinical and financial data from AAMC 's data warehouse and other sources to support financial and statistical reporting for all aspects of management. When appropriate, ability to summarize data in sophisticated reports with graphs and charts.
- Conduct analysis of and summarization of business, planning, and marketing opportunities.
- Provide data and information for financial projections evaluating new and existing services.
- Ability to inteview management and research appropriate sources with little supervision.
- Assist management to identify and to develop analyses and reports for special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Support executive presentations.
- Assist with data maintenance and integrity issues of data used by Business Development.
- Utilize mapping software (MapInfo or Sequel) to support departmental requests.
- Monitor hospital-related government and regulatory agencies, including MHCC, for updates that are relevant to AAMC. Attend monthly MHCC meetings and prepare minutes for administration.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree required or 4 – 5 years of healthcare experience. Computer skills required in word processing, Excel spreadsheets, database management and web based analytics.
- Excellent analytical, written, interpersonal, independent thinking and communication skills required.
- Detail oriented.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)