Behavioral Health Social Worker
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
The Behavioral Health Therapist functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing psychiatric social services, group and family therapies, insurance pre-certification, retrospective and concurrent case review services, and discharge planning.
1) A Master of Social Work degree from an accredited school of Social Work.
2) Education and/or experience should include psychotherapy, group work and family therapy.
1) A minimum of 1 year experience in Behavioral Health.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) The therapist should possess personality characteristics to include maturity, flexibility, self-confidence and sensitivity.
1) Preference will be given to certification by the Academy of Certified Social Workers and/or Pennsylvania Social Worker Licensure.
2) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
3) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.