Back to jobs
PLEASE NOTE: If you have not applied before, you will need to first create an account after clicking "Apply"
Bariatric Nurse Coordinator
| OR Support | Job ID:
Working Hours: 8:00A - 5:00P
Manages the accreditation process of the bariatric program and ensures continued compliance with accrediting agency requirements. Leads coordination of clinical management of metabolic and bariatric surgery patient population across the entire hospital continuum of care. Serves as a leader for the program performance and improvement initiative. Assess learning needs, develop, facilitate and promote the education and development of clinical staff. Oversight includes collaboration with leadership of all clinical disciplines to maintain standardization of education and competency materials and techniques. Promote evidence based practice, creativity, innovation, and interactive learning in all education offerings by the department.
• Current Arkansas RN licensure.
• Master’s degree required.
• At least three to five years of clinical experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate leadership ability. Must have current knowledge of communication principles, policies and procedures, ability to perform basic education skills, and be knowledgeable in adult learning principles.
• Knowledgeable in use of current hospital EMR, personal computers, Internet, Web applications, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Office. Fax, scanner, printer, and telephone skills.
• Must possess the interpersonal skills necessary to be an effective liaison among the medical team (nursing, physicians, therapists, etc.) as well as the community.
• Able to develop and coordinate an interdisciplinary program.
This job will be authorized 80.00 hours bi-weekly.
Today, Baptist Health is Arkansas’ most comprehensive healthcare organization with more than 250 points of access that include 11 hospitals, urgent care centers, a senior living community, and over 100 primary and specialty care clinics in Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma.
© 2021 Baptist Health. All Rights Reserved.