APS Acute Care Hospitalist
At Central Maine Healthcare our team members are committed to providing exceptional care and experiences for our community and for each other every day.
At Central Maine Healthcare, we are changing the face of healthcare in Maine by providing exceptional quality and accessible care to our patients; where they are and when they need it. We recognize the need to be where our patients are; closer to their communities and offering high quality care through innovative channels. To meet the unique needs of our patient population, we have implemented tele-health and opened Maine Urgent Care and Ambulatory surgical centers within our communities. Our clinical affiliation with Mass General Hospital in Boston provides our community with the most innovative and current treatments available without having to leave Maine. As we continue to expand our services, one thing remains unchanged…our commitment to providing the best healthcare to the region’s residents
Our physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses and staff are committed to providing patients with the quality medical care they deserve!
Central Maine Healthcare is pleased to inform you of our opening for an experienced (2+ yrs.) Physician Assistant (PA) or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP) in our Hospital Medicine Division in the beautiful state of Maine!
- 2+ years of provider experience encompassing inpatient / acute care hospital experience required
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse License in the State of Maine or eligibility to receive in the State of Maine
- Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited program
- National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner or certification eligible
- Unencumbered license to practice as PA in the state of Maine or eligible to receive in the State of Maine
- PA must be a graduate of an accredited physician assistant program; NCCPA certified
- PA must complete 100 hours of CME every two (2) years and take the recertification exam every six (6) years
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification required
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider ACLS preferred
- Current DEA with no restrictions
- Strong computer skills, including EMR/EHR
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
Our Hospitalist team is employed and supported by our own non-profit health system, Central Maine Healthcare at Central Maine Medical Center and Bridgton Hospital. We are excited to be expanding and integrating as a regional Hospital Medicine program. Whether you prefer to be at our 25-bed critical access facility in the beautiful lakes region of Bridgton, Maine, or spend most of your time at our flagship tertiary care facility in Lewiston, you will have a broad array of clinical opportunities. Primarily daytime, Nocturnist, and hybrid schedules are available.
Our Hospital Medicine program has nearly a decade of successful physician/advanced practice provider integration and collaboration, including opportunities for career development and leadership. Providers are responsible for Admissions: Daily Rounding; and Acute Visits and Discharges. This is all done in conjunction with collaborating attending and consulting physicians.
Fulfill your calling at Central Maine Healthcare to help keep patients healthier and happier so they can enjoy more of what life has to offer.
Why Join Central Maine Healthcare?
- Work life balance with flexible schedules
- Excellent annual compensation and comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Malpractice and Tail coverage, etc.
- Generous Sign-on Bonus program
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Loan Reimbursement: $25,000
- Continuing Medical Education - 5 paid CME days and $3,000 for CME activities
- Professional opportunities for mentorship, growth and advancement
To be considered for this position: Please apply through our online, short application process using the APPLY button.
Should you have any difficulty applying, please contact:
Senior Physician Recruiter, Provider Recruitment
About Our Community:
Maine is a land full of beauty offering beautiful beaches, a rocky coastline, lakes and mountains all within driving distance. Maine has lots to offer outdoor enthusiasts throughout the year from camping, hiking, biking, swimming, skiing, etc. Within the state there is a burgeoning food, craft drink and entertainment scene. For families, Maine offers safe communities with access to rural and urban areas; as well as nearby airports, train and bus stations. Boston is just a couple of hours to the south and can be accessed by car, train or bus.
Lewiston Region: Maine’s second largest city, Lewiston and the city of Auburn sit on the banks of the Androscoggin River. Together the cities, L/A as it is referred to locally, form the cultural and business center of Androscoggin County. The cities offer a robust food, drink and arts scene along with world-class educational institutions, such as Bates College. Outdoor opportunities abound with trails, public green spaces and water access to the river and area lakes.
Bridgton Region: Bridgton is a town in Cumberland County, Maine; a resort area in Maine’s Lake Region and home to Bridgton Academy, a private preparatory school. The town is nestled among many of the state’s most scenic lakes and offers a variety of year-round outdoor recreation activities, as well as easy access to some of the area’s most significant historical and cultural sites, as well as the Atlantic coast beaches. Ski enthusiasts, in particular, will love this area for its ski slopes –these unique ski slopes, created by the townspeople in the 1930’s, spell the word “LOVE”.
Rumford Region: A beautiful, rural area, the town is located in west-central Maine’s Oxford County and is surrounded by forests, mountains, rivers, and lakes. This area boasts many recreational opportunities for boating, swimming and fishing; and it’s also home to the largest waterfall east of Niagara. The business district of the town is located on “The Island” located between the Androscoggin River and the canals. The Island features restaurants and retail stores along with the local government offices, Post Office and banking institutions.
If you are passionate about making a difference and are looking for your next great career opportunity, we look forward to reviewing your application!