COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Application System Analyst III - Phoenix
share this job
Application System Analyst III – Phoenix
Job ID: 91307
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Location: Linthicum,MD US
Hours of Work: 8a-5p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
I. General Summary
Under limited supervision gathers and analyzes user needs for developing and modifying clinical or business applications in the healthcare environment. Includes providing complex application support, writes documentation and specifications. Analyzes complex results, proposes solutions and/or recommendations in addition to building, configuring and/or modifying applications using existing application tools.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Performs and coordinates complex analysis, design, development, testing and support services for assigned application applications.
2. Responsible for and oversees day to day tracking and follow-up on issues and questions of daily operations.
3. Performs and coordinates application analysis and impact analysis of new or different applications, processes or changes.
4. Provides complex application support and guidance to end users and provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel. Serves as point of contact for resolution of complex application problems. Able to quickly assess problems and identify resolutions.
5. Coordinates development of application testing scripts and conversion plans. Participates in testing as assigned.
6. Makes recommendations and provide alternatives with regards to various development and support initiatives.
7. Prepares written documentation of various types; application documentation, analytical reports, functional specifications, training manuals, status reports, etc. Creates, evaluates and instructs/teaches other.
8. Participates and/or leads projects, estimates costs, time frames, staffing requirements and prepares cost justifications for assigned project. Uses status reports for project oversight.
9. Validates the designing for each application assigned, under the control of the change management application and user development request.
10. Prepares and validates complete applications documentation for operations and sets programming specifications for user departments. Provides input and assists with the development of departmental policies and procedures as they relate to the use of clinical applications.
11. Experience working with all facets of Solid Organ Transplant service line
What You Need to Be Successful:
III. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in a health, science, or business field, or an equivalent level of professional experience required. Masters degree preferred. Additional Certifications may be required.
2. Five years progressively responsible experience in information applications, including one year performing programming or applications analysis, or equivalent, such as business analysis, is required.
3. Experience working in a healthcare environment is preferred.
4. EpicCare Ambulatory and/or Phoenix certified highly preferred
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Ability to perform and teach analysis and problem solving principles with emphasis in user relations, data gathering techniques, and management information applications to IT staff is required. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
2. Demonstrates ability to develop complex specifications for all aspects of applications, and familiarity with problem analysis, hardware/software configurations and application integration.
3. Able to teach application functionality, design standards, process changes to the end user community and train the trainer.
4. Makes recommendations regarding the integration/relationship between and among organizational applications.
5. Effective customer service skills, with the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
6. Ability to teach a project team of analysts, end users and consultants skills required to coordinate daily activities, delegate responsibilities, tasks and review/validate work.
7. Effective verbal and written communication skills are necessary to advise and consult with user personnel and make formal presentations of project findings and recommendations.
8. Able to teach application functionality, design standards, and problem solving tools.
9. Excellent organization skills; demonstrates confidence and creativity.
10. Adheres to applications security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies. Makes recommendations as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hello, my name is Meena Williamson and I'm a recruiter with UMMS. What I enjoy most about working for UMMS is that I have a great talent acquisition team, we work together as change agents and ambassadors for UMMS, and we are actively interacting with candidates, helping them to become employed. And we have a great leadership team that supports us and provides us with the resources we need to be successful in our roles as recruiters. I enjoy the comradery. I enjoy meeting all of the candidates and the managers and it's a really rewarding opportunity to be here with UMMS. Thank you for watching this video and I hope you can join us sometimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW