COVID-19 Vaccine: All current and new team members, Medical Staff and partners, including contractors, volunteers and students, must be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption. Learn More
Ambulatory Nurse Manager (RN) Infectious Disease
share this job
Ambulatory Nurse Manager (RN) Infectious Disease
Job ID: 100798
Area of Interest: Management
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: M, W, F 830A-5P
Job Facility: UMMC Midtown Campus
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Ambulatory Nurse Manager – Infectious Disease
THRIVE Outpatient Clinic
M-F Full-Time 1.0FTE
Come elevate your skills and experience by working with a world-class infectious Disease practice! UMMC Midtown Campus THRIVE Center is seeking a Nurse Manager to oversee fiscal and unit operations in a busy academic outpatient practice that specializes in the care of patients with HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, and other Infectious Diseases. The Nurse Manager in this setting works collaboratively with the practice Medical Director, Business Supervisor, and Social Work Director to plan and implement the delivery of compassionate and comprehensive care for the population served. The Nurse Manager provides personnel management and development for an outstanding team of nurses, medical assistants, and administrative staff inspiring commitment and motivating team performance. The nurse manager is expected to effectively communicate with superiors, peers, and employees and promote innovation and excellence in clinical care and service performance!
Under general administrative direction, the Ambulatory Clinical Practice Manager is accountable for the delivery of patient care services which supports the strategic plan of the organization and achieves clinical, financial, and service quality objectives in a hospital-based practice. This role is accountable for the quality of clinical services delivered for the competency and performance of clinical staff and for designing and maintaining systems to support multidisciplinary team functioning and continuity of services.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
Develops, manages, and evaluates the system of care delivery and clinical services which meets clinical, financial, and service quality objectives.
- In collaboration with medical staff leadership, assesses requirements for care delivery systems to meet patient population requirements. Plans strategies and services to meet clinical objectives. Communicates long and short-term plans and objectives to staff.
- Assures excellence of clinical practice and patient care services, including meeting or exceeding customer requirements, improving clinical outcomes, and achieving productivity and expense reduction goals. Assures that programs, services, and staff performance meet regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Directs professional practice partnership(s) which are designed around the requirements of customers (patient, physicians, and payors) and which involve staff in decision making and practice operations.
- Uses a variety of data and information resources to assess evolving program requirements and evaluate program performance. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to assess, redesign and continually improve the effectiveness and productivity of clinical programs.
Assumes a leadership role in managing the quality of services provided in the practice and within the organization at large.
Implements systems to manage and improve the performance of practice processes and to improve the performance, consistency, and coordination of cross-functional processes.
Implements systems to assess and respond to customer perceptions of service. Is visibly involved in obtaining customer feedback, incorporating customer requirements into service design, and requiring staff performance that meets customer requirements.
Teaches and coaches staff in effective process analysis and improvement techniques and in using data to assess and improve clinic performance.
Manages the patient care and administrative operations of a hospital-based practice to assure the ambulatory service’s mission, goals, and core competencies are met.
- Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of all practice positions in order to provide backup in case of employee absence.
- Addresses and solves impediments to success in areas of information technology, registration, and billing, housekeeping, medical records, pharmacy, space and resource utilization, etc.
- Maintains records and provides reports to the Director of Ambulatory Services and the Medical Director.
- Ensures knowledge dissemination and full compliance with contractual and regulatory requirements (HIPAA, JCAHO, OSHA, third party payors, etc.).
- Coordinates all information systems activities including Medtech scheduling and practice-related billing and other management reporting requirements.
- Monitors and assures monthly financial performance to budget and performs variance reporting.
- Ensures current chargemaster is maintained for practice, charge capture audit trails are in place and patient registration accuracy.
Responsible for ensuring adherence and administration of UMMC Midtown Human Resource’s policies and procedures.
- Directs systems for recruitment, selection, orientation, competency validation, professional development, and staff recognition.
- Creates effective performance management systems which provide clear expectations to staff in all roles, support staff participation in peer feedback, and effectively address individual and group performance outcomes.
- Supports staff education and development with team building, problem-solving, and job enrichment programs.
- Maintains all personnel records in a confidential file and conducts performance reviews, and performance documentation on direct report staff.
- Conducts regular meetings with practice staff to review practice operations, volumes, billing, and problems related to practice development or patient care.
Provides the care needed as described in the unit/area/department policies and procedures.
Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient populations(s) served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age-specific needs.
Reviews understand and implement processes and procedures related to the measurable objectives associated with the Ambulatory Services annual operating plan.
Participates in marketing and public relations efforts.
Serves on appropriate Hospital committees; acts as a liaison between the practice and internal/external customers.
Other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or related field.
- Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
- Three to five years of clinical experience. Demonstrated success in a clinical leadership role.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient populations(s) served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age-specific needs.
- Demonstrated highly effective verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrated effectiveness as a group leader and participant. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple members of the health care and administrative leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, develop conceptual designs for clinical services, and plan and organize successful projects.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Hi, I'm Sheila, I'm from the ICU. I've been here 12 years. I stayed here and I love it here because we're a small community hospital and this is a great team, so come to Midtown.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW