State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Advanced Imaging Technologist
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45366BR
Job Summary: Under direct supervision of the CT Manager and CT Technical Director, performs specific and specialized duties pertaining to CT technology, advanced imaging, and education.
- Maintains expert level of hardware and software technology knowledge to make recommendations for advancements within the department; assists CT Manager with set-up, installation and initialization of each CT site and coordination of all service and software upgrades and installation.
- Works with Physician Clinical Chief to maintain and continually optimize image quality assurance at all CT sites, develop and optimize routine protocols to streamline patient throughput, assist fellow technologist when scanning clinical cases which require further protocol optimization and/or development, and act as a resource for all technical problems and troubleshooting at all sites.
- Implements and manages all new applications and procedures; develops training/educational materials, guidelines, on-line educational tools etc. Develops references for technical staff and provides ongoing staff development, as needed. Assists in the teaching of both staff and student technologist.
- Performs high quality reconstructions as required by protocol, or as requested by a Radiologist and/or referring Physician (i.e. MIPS, Volume Renderings, 3D models, Colonoscopy and Navigator models, fat calculations and Web based data management of Volume Analysis and imaging).
- Works in conjunction with IT Specialist in maintaining Advanced Imaging Database on line and implementing newly developed software into web based applications.
- Maintains a step-by-step guide for producing advanced images.
- Provides training to departmental staff, Fellows, Residents and Technologist on newly implemented procedures, protocols and techniques.
- Associate's degree in Radiology required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- License MA Rad Tech-Computed Tomography required., and Registration American Registry of Rad Tech required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification. Certification has to be with the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Independent judgment, initiative, and specialized knowledge required. Ability to communicate to a wide range of physicians, technologist and other professional staff.
- Experience using Vitrea 3D applications and GE AW workstations.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply