Activity Therapy Supervisor
- Reidsville, Georgia
- Mental Health Support
Job DescriptionOverviewCenturion is proud to be the provider of mental health services to the Georgia Department of Corrections.
We are currently seeking a full-time Activity Therapy Supervisor to join our team at our Georgia Regional Office located in College Park, GA.
** This position will include travel to site and training as required **
The Activity Therapy Supervisor will supervise, guide and instruct work assignments of activity/recreational therapy staff. Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate the overall therapy needs and service provision required for Mental Health patients in a correctional setting. Provide direction of recreational/social/vocational activities to accomplish treatment objectives, foster skill building and problem solving in support of psychological stabilization for patients in a correctional setting.
- Plan, direct or coordinate therapeutic recreation programs; including but not limited to activities such as sports, gardening, drama, music, social activities, and arts and crafts.
- Supervise the work assignments and the provision of activity/recreational therapy sessions by activity therapy staff working within the Georgia Department of Corrections.
- Provide training to all activity therapy staff on the topic of furnishing recreational therapy services to persons with mental health disorders within a correctional setting.
- Provide orientation/on-site training to new activity therapists.
- Provide/participate in large group trainings on Activity/Recreational Therapy for GDOC staff members and others.
- Confer with the GDOC to evaluate recreational therapy programs; as well as to update policies and procedures in this area.
- Under the direction of Regional Office leadership, provide staff counseling and performance evaluations on progress toward defined goals and/or required results. Provide specific feedback and initiate corrective action when appropriate.
- Identify and maintain professional boundaries to preserve the integrity of the therapeutic process and relationship.
- Ensure that on-site staff coordinate care closely with security staff while maintaining a positive, collaborative relationship.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge, skills and professional standards in the field of activity/recreational therapy.
- Ensure compliance with all facility and Company policies, Federal and State laws, regulations, and guidelines including HIPAA.
- Serve as a member on the Audit Team for the GDOC Office of Health Services; reviewing:
- that treatment plans are being developed that meet the needs of the client, based on the needs assessment, client interests and objectives of therapy
- that clients with special needs and circumstances are being encouraged to acquire new skills and to get involved in health promoting life skills and leisure activities
- that the client's participation, reaction and progress are being appropriately observed, analyzed and recorded
- B.S. in therapeutic recreation or related therapeutic discipline from an accredited educational institution
- Three (3) years of related experience in recreational therapy
- One (1) year of experience in a supervisory capacity
- Active Health Care Provider CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Current PPD documentation
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and drug test
Monday - Friday; day-shifts
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for our full-time team members including:
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Continuing Education benefits
- Much more...
Centurion Health contracts with state and local governments nationwide to provide comprehensive healthcare services to correctional facilities, state hospitals, and other community settings. Our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both.
For immediate consideration, schedule a phone interview using the info below!
- Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and please be sure to inlcude the position/location (or job ID), you are applying for.
- Click here to view my calendar and schedule a phone interview
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. (“Centurion”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.