- Jessup, Maryland
- Mental Health Support
Job DescriptionOverviewCenturion is proud to be the provider of mental health services to the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services.
We are currently seeking a full-time Activity Technician to join our team at Patuxent Institution located in Jessup, Maryland.
The Activity Technician/Therapist is under the direction of professional mental health staff, and uses recreational/social/vocational activities to accomplish treatment objectives, foster skill building and problem solving in support of psychological stabilization for patients in a correctional setting.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences required
- Two (2) years of experience in Therapeutic Recreation or related field providing activities programming for persons who have a serious mental illness required
- Must have an active Basic Life Support certification.
- Training, experience or certification as an aide, medical technician, EMT, or activities technician preferred.
- Experience working in a correctional mental health setting preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation and obtain agency security clearance where applicable.
Monday through Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for our full-time team members including:
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Continuing Education benefits
- Much more...
Centurion Health contracts with state and local governments nationwide to provide comprehensive healthcare services to correctional facilities, state hospitals, and other community settings. Our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both.
MHM Services, Inc. d/b/a Centurion Group, Inc. (“Centurion”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.