State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm)
BID−Needham is part of Beth Israel Lahey Health, a new health care system that brings together academic medical centers and teaching hospitals, community and specialty hospitals, more than 4,000 physicians and 35,000 employees in a shared mission to expand access to great care and advance the science and practice of medicine through groundbreaking research and education.
BID Needham has had a direct affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center since 2000, facilitating the clinical integration of staff and resources in emergency medicine, hospital medicine (hospitalists), cardiology, radiology, orthopaedics, pathology, as well as many surgical services and oncology housed in the Beth Israel Deaconess Cancer Center and Surgical Pavilion.Job Location: Needham, Massachusetts
Req ID: 45322BR
Job Summary: This position assists the Controller in all facets of Accounts Payable including invoice entry, electronic invoicing and payment, system maintenance, check production, statement reconciliation and year end reporting.
- Receive and log telephone inquiries, recording appropriate details of each inquiry for review by the Controller.
- Responds to Vendor Inquiries by researching invoices in question, and provides appropriate responses to hospital management and vendors as appropriate.
- Inputs invoices and uploads e-invoicing onto Accounts Payable system, noting where invoices do not match P.O. prices or receiving quantities for follow up with appropriate hospital staff.
- Copies all invoices requiring approval by hospital staff, retaining the copy for follow up and sending the original to the appropriate hospital staff member with a brief description of the problem to be reviewed.
- Follows up with appropriate hospital staff to ensure that all invoice issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic Office Skills including data entry and adding machine proficiency.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Business office or clerical experience
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
EOE StatementBIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
VaccinesAs a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. BILH requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
BIDMC is proud to be recognized LinkedIn as one of their Top Companies Boston
Primary Care Virtual Hiring Event – RSVP Now
Recognized as a Leading Health System in the Country
How to Apply