Results-driven Healthcare Administrator with 20 years of progressive healthcare leadership in service operations for government and military environments. Decisive and influential leader, who articulates direction, builds cohesive and high performing teams, and who moves easily among multifunctional and multicultural teams. Develops and executes strategic plans to realign healthcare delivery systems in order to optimize medical facility performance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Hospital/Clinic Operations
- Clinical Technology
- Budget Management
- HIPAA Regulations
- Process Improvement
- JCAHO Standards
- Team Leadership
- Staff Training & Development
- Resource & Operation Management
- Patient Care & Education
- Patient & Physicians Relations
- HazardousWaste Management
- Emergency Medical Treatment
- Patient Records Management
- Clinical/Lab Testing
- Strategic Plans
- Secret Government Clearance
- Microsoft Office
Responsibilities: Subject matter expert for the Marine Corps’ individual medical readiness system. Analyzed system operations and initiated deficiency reports through appropriate channels. Follow-on actions include coordination in testing and implementation. Monitored development of other DOD and Marine Corps information programs and policies to make a determination of the impact, if any, on the Marine Corps’ individual medical readiness programs.
• Met goals set by Secretary of Defense and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Commandant of the Marine Corps for training, deployment, and integration of medical personnel Navy-wide. Ensuring a coordinated and seamless integration of USMC and USN contingency operations and solved complex operational issues.
• Improved Individual Medical Readiness Marine Corps-wide from 86% to 88% by continuously monitoring medical readiness of over 193,000 Marines in 398 operational units.
• Oversaw the development, testing and operation of over 35 system change requests that enhanced program business rules, increasing end-user efficiency and pre/post-deployment and behavior health accountability.
• As the Medical Readiness Reporting System functional Program Manager, trained 100 security officer accounts and 1,500 field user accounts. Oversaw the physical security, information assurance and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance of over 4,500 system accounts.
Responsibilities: Medical Detachment Director that supervised and launched operations for shock/trauma platoon in Afghanistan. Managed Controlled Substance Inventory Board that conducted monthly inspections, diligently accounting for over 3,800 controlled narcotics valued at over $500K.
• Led team that flawlessly treated over 55 critically wounded patients, successfully stabilizing, treating and transferring 49 injured to higher medical care that was required while returning the rest to duty.
• Developed Trauma Scenario Drills for medical staff and trained 40 security personnel to ensure the safety of the medical facility and local nationals, resulting in zero incidents.
• Directed the operational space planning, establishment and structural engineering of a Level II Medical Treatment Facility. Led facility to be 100% medically capable 10 days ahead of the deadline.
Responsibilities: Departmental Director leading 26 junior medical staff in support of 1,600 Marine Corps officer students. Served as Command Career Counselor mentoring, training and providing continuing education for personnel. Produced exceptional environment for maximizing limited resources and motivating staff.
• Supported over 700 training evolutions resulting in zero serious injuries.
• Selected to serve as the Equal Opportunity Representative, counseling more than 1,200 Marines and Sailors in Marine Corps Equal Opportunity protocols to include conflict resolution and the process of filing grievances.
• Trained medical staff as Basic Life Support Instructors (BLS) and Tactical Combat Casualty Care Instructors (TCCC) who then certified 20 junior medical staff in TCCC and over 2,400 personnel in BLS.
Responsibilities: Managed facility’s medical department staff of 15 junior medical staff servicing a flow of up to 50 patients daily. Led the Operations and Travel department and coordinated technical maintenance of over 40 computers as Information System Site Manager. Concurrently operated as the Command Fitness Leader, overseeing more than 1,500 physical assessments with a passing rate of over 95%.
• Lead and maintained one of the top medical departments in a region of 33 other facilities, accomplishing a facility medical readiness of 96%, well above the region’s 90% benchmark.
• Excelled during tri-annual command assessment, receiving accolades from the inspectors for department and policy management.
• Succeeded in turning around Operations and Travel department lagging performance and customer service within two months, achieving 0% Government Travel Card delinquencies and 1% unliquidated travel claims.
Responsibilities: Managed the proper administrative record accounting and inventory of more than 4,000 pieces of equipment, exceeding $12 million in four different clinics. Established and applied a Standing Operating Procedure to streamline the property management process. Member of Executive Steering Committee on JCAHO Standards.
• Planned and executed eight wall to wall inventories obtaining a 100% accountability reporting to the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery.
• Procured crucial excess laboratory equipment from another facility producing a cost avoidance of $71,000.
• As Government Purchase Card Holder, responsible for over 2,500 supply items valued at $240K with zero discrepancies for the 2005 Fiscal Year. Individually purchased and reconciled 170 line items totaling $75K.
Responsibilities: Supervised and trained over 30 staff members to be proficient patient care providers. Managed $300K annual budget. Simultaneously functioned as Naval Liaison to Backus Hospital, assisting in the coordination and management of Navy patient relations while maintaining databases to track common and emergency procedures and admissions producing monthly database reports and data entry.
• As sole Basic Life Support (BLS) Affiliate Faculty, oversaw the BLS training of over 300 staff members.
• As Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) instructor, certified 30 new ACLS providers.