Web Content Administrator - Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine Full-time, 40 hours
The Web and Social Media Manager oversees the strategic development and implementation of the new-media communications plan for the Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine and Department of Urology, which includes basic marketing support and some tradeshow preparation.
The manager is responsible for developing and maintaining a social media presence for both entities, including Facebook and Twitter, to enhance brand recognition and reputation, as well as evaluating the possible implementation of additional programs. The manager develops and maintains content for existing websites.Education:
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, graphic arts or related field with three years of related work experience is required. Master's degree preferred.
- At least one year of experience managing an organization’s social media strategy on variety of platforms and working in website content development is required. Experience with basic videography and editing is also required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational and writing skills.
- Basic knowledge of computer technology and software, including Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically PhotoShop, Illustrator, PremierePro.
- Composing copy/graphic design for marketing campaigns/activities.
- High degree of initiative and advanced interpersonal skills.
Creative, innovative thinker with proven ability to work as part of a team and to interact effectively with media and with scientists/physicians. Ability to manage numerous projects and ensure high-quality work on tight deadlines.
1. Manages all aspects of the social networking and web strategy for the Institute and Urology. Identifies key metrics for success and then analyzes and reports on all efforts.
2. Updates and maintains content on the Institute and Urology websites:
- A. Produces new content, writing it in an interesting and appealing manner
- B. Ensures that web pages are consistent in style, tone, and quality.
- C. Develops new features to engage the public, including video.
- D. Continually reviews web content for freshness and appropriateness, and edits content as appropriate
3. Implements a social networking strategy for the Institute including tactics such as Facebook, Twitter. Ensures integration of web and social media tactics.
4. Identifies and evaluates new opportunities for websites and social media to serve the overall strategic marketing, public relations and information resource objectives of the Institute.
5. Provides design expertise on a variety of projects ranging from an e-newsletter to brochures.
6. Shoots and edits video as needed for inclusion on websites.
7. Maintain a library of b-roll and photos of WFIRM research for use in media relations and on the web and social media. Maintain email lists for urology and WFIRM marketing. Maintain a library of media clips for WFIRM that can be used in Development efforts and in visitor packets
8. Performs other related duties incidental to work described herein.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-2424. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.