Warehouse Supervisor – GMI Warehouse & Distribution – Orlando – Part Time
AdventHealth Orlando seeks to hire Warehouse Supervisor who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year.
8a – 5p; Monday – Friday as needed
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the warehouse operations for the Global Missions Department. In this role, the Warehouse Supervisor will ensure safe practices are always maintained, overseeing staff and volunteers who perform tasks in the warehouse. Maintaining an organized collection and distribution process, developing an inventory tracking system, prioritizing requests for donated items, working with shipping agents and customs broker on proper documentation, and helping establish the warehouse annual budget are all part of the duties for this position. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures, excellent problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills, self starter, and people management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, industrial management or related field with minimum 2 years of work experience in a healthcare setting.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Forklift operator certification (Preferred)
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
- Plans, organizes and oversees the receiving and collection of all donated materials ensuring the smooth and consistent operation of the donation process in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develops and oversees an inventory tracking system for the sorting and storage of all donated items received from AdventHealth institutions or other donors. Responsible to ensure that warehouse is maintained in an organized condition.
- Manages and prioritizes requests for donated items from AdventHealth institutions, approved “footprint” institutions, local non-profit organizations and others, soliciting donations as appropriate to fulfill some requests.
- Evaluates donated materials and arranges for maintenance and repair as needed working with AdventHealth Biomed personnel and 3rd party vendors as needed.
- Schedules and oversees other warehouse workers and volunteers working in the warehouse.
- Creates documentation as needed for the shipment of donated materials to institutions outside the United States.
- Works with shipping agents, brokers and others to coordinate the shipping and delivery of donated materials to receiving organizations.
- Develops and recommends annual budget requirements for the warehouse.
- Performs other duties as assigned by director.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Warehouse Supervisor opportunity with AdventHealth Orlando and apply online today.
Warehouse Supervisor, GMI Warehouse & Distribution, Orlando, Part Time
Position Location: Orlando
Job: Other Non-Clinical Professional
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Primary Location: US-FL-Orlando
Job Level: Staff / Associate
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Posting: Jul 10, 2019, 3:24:16 PM