Urgent Care PhysicianJob Locations US-PA-DoylestownRequisition ID 2019-23708 Hospital Tower Health Urgent Care at Doylestown Shift 4-Day/Evening Department Medical - Tower Health Urgent Care Category Physicians Hours per Pay Period 36 # of Openings 1 Position Type Regular Full-Time Work Schedule 3 - 12 shifts per week every 3rd weekend rotating holidays
Tower Health Urgent Care is seeking a board certified Physician to join our Urgent Care Staff. Tower Health is the largest provider of urgent care services, based on weekly visits, in the metropolitan Philadelphia area. Our Urgent Care locations are open 365 days a year and offers patients access to advanced, comprehensive care from 9 a.m. to 9.pm.
Job Description: Provide primary and episodic care to patients following accepted standards and protocols. . Works with clinical team to maintain patient flow and deliver maximum quality care to patients.
- Perform complete physical exams, assessments, and diagnoses of patients of all ages, including urgent, emergent and non-urgent presentation.
- Select, order, perform and interpret tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and augment physical findings.
- Analyze reports and findings of tests to diagnose patients.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness and injury.
- Perform procedures including (but not limited to) laceration repair, abscess I&D, orthopedic procedures and provide referrals to medical/surgical specialists.
- Perform and interpret EKGs.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients/parents.
- Notate findings and treatment course in patient chart including follow-up notes. Use EHR appropriately.
- Follow infection control protocols, including proper hand washing techniques.
- Train new providers (physician, PA and NP) in Urgent Care medicine.
- Review charts of mid-level providers and sign or co-sign those supervised, or assigned.
- Other jobs and duties as assigned.
Medical Degree from an Accredited University, Board Certification in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Emergency Medicine or another ABMS recognized specialty, State and Federal licensure requirements, Understanding of Medical Coding and Billing, Knowledge of State and Federal Regulations including OSHA, HIPAA and Blood Borne Pathogens, BLS/ALCS/PALS Certification, DOT certification, DEA.