Registered or registry eligible Ultraound Technologist to do breast ultrasound and biopsies at WFHN Women's Imaging in High Point. Full time, days (8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday) with occasional late hours as needed. Assists the provider in the delivery of health care by performing diagnostic ultrasound exams by producing, assessing, and evaluating images and related data used to determine a medical diagnosis.
Will work as a team with the Radiolgist, mammography technologist and Imaging Ultrasound technologist to provide exceptional care to our patients.This individual needs to be a team player and have a good working relationship with the Radiologist.
Associate's degree or completion of a two year approved program required. Breast Ultrasound experience is a must as well as experience in general ultrasound.
1. Performs ultrasound procedures ordered by the provider in a timely and professional manner.
2. Selects appropriate transducers and adjusts controls for examination to optimize image quality based on age and size of patient and the objective of the exam.
3. Explains to patient and family members each examination to be performed and professionally answers any questions they may have.
4. Provides the patient with comfort, privacy, and instructions to assure a high quality result.
5. Practices sterile technique and prevents cross contamination. Handles blood and body fluids and deals with infectious patients.
6. Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to differentiate accurately between normal and pathologic findings.
7. Performs patient care tasks as appropriate.
8. Assists the reading radiologist by analyzing and evaluating the results of the study.
9. Ensures efficient and proper functioning of ultrasound equipment by maintaining and cleaning according to manufacturer specifications. Provides input for equipment and supply purchases. Communicates equipment malfunction as appropriate.
10. Assists in training and orienting new employees to procedures while providing guidance and direction.
11. Communicates with referring offices as necessary, i.e., calling in reports, obtaining patient history, patient preps, and requesting previous films.
12. Practices universal precautions.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.