Supervisor – Pharmacy Technicians (Inpatient) – Full-time/Day shift (8:00am-4:30pm), Mon-Fri
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: March 18, 2020
Assists the licensed pharmacists and pharmacy operations manager, directly supervises pharmacy technicians with various support activities as follows: ensures adequate pharmacy technician staffing, directs day-to-day operations, delegates responsibility for tasks, assists with quality assurance projects, program development, as well as other special projects as designated, ie: coordinates and participates in the training and orientation of new pharmacy employees. Oversees technician compliance with hospital and department policies and standard processes.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs essential functions of Pharmacy Technician when needed.
- Screens applicants for qualifications, coordinates interviews, and collaborates with the interview team on final selection. Guides the successful candidate through all phases of hiring and orientation. Provides clear and accurate instruction, demonstrates the required skills and standard work, and provides feedback regarding accuracy and proficiency throughout the probationary period.
- Develops and holds technicians accountable for standard work, making modifications when necessary and appropriate.
- Knowledgeable of hospital employee management, scheduling, and evaluation software systems.
- Monitors compliance with hospital policies. Initiating coaching and corrective action/disciplinary actions as needed.
- Completes and manages technician schedules, CLB coverage, call outs, balancing the needs of multiple pharmacy satellites with those of the main pharmacy.
- Evaluates technical staff, assures completion of annual competencies.
- Assists Operations Manager with departmental projects, and participates on the Pharmacy Leadership Team. Represents the department on committees where technician related topics are fundamental. Conducts technician staff meetings.
- Actively pursues continuing development of managerial skills, utilizing programs offered by AAMC in leadership development, supplementing with focused reading of topics related to the hospital’s mission and management culture.
- Contributes to department LEAN, wellbeing, and engagement initiatives.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position includes:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Computer keyboard skills and math proficiency with metric calculations are required.
- Prior IV admixture experience required.
- Prior IV admixture experience with chemotherapy IV admixtures is desired.
- Possesses leadership skills; prior experience is desired
- Five years of experience as a pharmacy technician.
- Current Technician Registration from the Maryland Board of Pharmacy is required.
- PTCB Certified or ExCPT (National Pharmacy Technician Board Certification).
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands: Medium Duty
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Demands – Medium
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)