Student Nurse PCT – Observation Unit -PRN
Category: Nursing Support
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: November 27, 2019
Contributes to the provision of high-quality, cost-effective health care through the direct care of patients and in collaboration with other members of the health care team. Understands self-motivation in performing basic nursing care. Participates in the team nursing concept, completing tasks as delegated by the assigned nurse.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides direct care to patients with special attention to personal hygiene in daily morning and bedtime care and comfort. Initiates and maintains all types of safety measures and comfort care to patients.
- Assists with admission of patients by greeting and performing initial weight measurement, vital signs, disrobing as necessary and orientation of patient to room and equipment.
- Prioritizes discharge of patients by assisting with dressing, gathering belongings and transport if necessary to lobby; removes equipment and supplies from room for environmental staff cleaning.
- Participates in patient care, vital signs, intake and output and other data collection and records according to policy and procedure; obtains specimens as requested using approved procedure. Assists patients with mobilization and/or positioning as ordered by physician or unit protocol.
- Recognizes and reports pain, patient complaint or obvious change in patient condition to assigned nurse.
- Participates in the orientation of new staff acting as mentor when necessary and requested.
- Transports medications, as necessary during the usual course of transporting patients within the institution, in keeping with policy and procedure regarding medication security. Ensures that medication is delivered to persons authorized to handle medication according to AAMC policy.
- Maintains adequate levels of supplies and equipment on the unit.
- Transports patients in accordance with established safety policies.
- Processes written medical staff orders in accordance with established policy and procedure; communicating STAT or urgent orders to the care provider.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited registered nursing program.
- Preferred Experience: Successful completion of first year of the clinical nursing program.
- CNA through the MD Board of Nursing.
- American Heart Association HealthCare Provider BLS
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)