Req ID: 31594BR
Job Summary: The psychologist performs psychological evaluations and provides translatable treatment recommendations that incorporate existing evidenced-based treatment protocols.
- Conducts psychological evaluations. Leads therapy groups for patients evaluated through the clinic, learns and administers computerized-training protocols.
- Participates in interdisciplinary meetings and interfaces with providers throughout the hospital.
- Contributes to educational and research activities.
- Assists in supervision of trainees affiliated with the program both from a research and clinical perspective.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology required.
- License Certified Psychologist required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Minimum of two years of post-doctoral training in clinical neuropsychology required and eligible for board certification.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Background in neuropsychological assessment is preferred with training in the field of behavioral medicine and cognitive behavioral therapy with diverse patient populations.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally