This job qualifies for a $6,000 sign-on bonus, provided the candidate meets the eligibility requirements. Click here to learn more!
Staff Nurse II - Inpatient Rehab - Days
RN to work full time 12 hour day shift on Inpatient Rehab. Days & every 3rd weekend required.
Provides nursing care to patients using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation). Directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
Graduation from accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered Nurse licensure from the State of North Carolina. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) may be required within one year in select areas.
1. Provide patient/family centered care using the nursing process and focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of WFBMC.
2. Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior.
3. Utilizes and promotes the use of technology and equipment to enhance the safety of patients and staff.
4. Communicates effectively to promote sharing of information throughout the continuum of care and as an effective member of the healthcare team.
5. Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
6. Performs and maintains competency for point-of-care testing as assigned, waived and or non-waived, ensuring compliance with WFBH policies and with applicable state and federal regulations.
7. Acts as a patient advocate throughout the continuum of care including all patient settings and in the community.
8. Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
9. Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
- Ability to provide direct and indirect patient care
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Ability to tolerate moderate to high stress levels
- Subject to occasional crowded conditions
- Moderate noise environment
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Subject to many interruptions and stressful situations
- Regular exposure to the risk of blood borne diseases, infections and contagious diseases
- Contact with patients, family members, community members, co-workers and medical staff under a wide variety of circumstances
- Handles absentee replacement on short notice
- Required to wear PPE
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-2424. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.