Staff Accountant (General Medicine & Primary Care)
Finance & Revenue Cycle Worcester, Massachusetts
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 194023
Title: Staff Account
Department: General Medicine & Primary Care
Posting Date: July 12, 2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – University Campus
Responsible for a variety of duties involving preparation, verification and summarization of financial information.
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Business Administration degree. One to two years’ accounting experience desired. Working knowledge of personal computer and PC based spreadsheets.
- Prepares drafts of financial statements.
- Prepares monthly account reconciliations. Reviews and analyzes supporting schedules. Analyzes general ledger accounts for interim, monthly and year–end closings. Reviews monthly trial balance and detail general ledger.
- Prepares and posts general and standard journal entries as required.
- Maintains fixed assets system, prepare required schedules and supporting documentation. Analyzes Construction–In Progress accounts and maintain detail by specific project.
- Analyzes billing and intercompany transactions. Analyzes major variances between actual and budget financial reports. Determines that fees for non–patient services that were rendered, rents and other revenues are collected and recorded. Bills and reconciles miscellaneous accounts receivable accounts.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.