Sonographer - AdventHealth Centra Care
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Centra Care
- Commitment to whole-person care, giving you the opportunity to help heal people in mind body and spirit.
- Fulfilling work with people who treat you like family.
- Excellent benefits, market-driven wages and career development opportunities.
- Recognized for the seventh year in a row as a recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award as part of the AdventHealth network.
- Opportunities for advancement as we expand our network across the nation.
- Operates and maintains Ultrasound equipment in a safe manner. Adheres to all infection control standards. Follows all protocols relating to proper cleaning of gel bottles. Follows guidelines for proper use of GUS unit. Washes hands before and after every patient encounter. [Safety and the Environment of Care]
- Performs a full range of diagnostic ultrasound procedures and operates all ultrasound equipment in department. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills for age-specific factors necessary to perform safe and effective procedures on patients of all ages (pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatrics). The knowledge and skills are acquired through formal training in an Ultrasound school, in-service, continuing education and/or experience. Demonstrates a willingness to learn/adapt to new technologies and protocols and help develop the knowledge and competency of coworkers and students. [Clinical Competence]
- Assists with data collection for KPI's while understanding the department performance trends and established standards. Participates in department Gallup and patient satisfaction initiatives. Utilizes patient service recovery resources when appropriate. [Performance Improvement]
- Attends department meetings consistently and promotes positive dialogue with respect to department objectives. Listens and is responsible to understand all agenda items. Attends all other meetings as required. [Department Meeting Attendance]
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
What You Will Need:
- Graduate of Ultrasound Program
- Must be active and in good standing with the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Must be ARDMS licensed in Abdomen, OB/GYN, BR
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
Under general supervision performs General Sonographic procedures in accordance with department protocols. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Adheres to the Florida Hospital Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.