Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Jefferson Health Magee Rehabilitation in Center City - Philadelphia is currently hiring a RN, Clinical Nurse Specialist. This RN will be a Master's Prepared RN (MSN). Prior Nurse Educator (or Nurse Specialist) experience required or must be certified in specialty practice such as medical surgical, rehabilitation, or neuro-science nursing. The RN, Clinical Nurse Specialist in rehabilitation works with individuals, families, groups, and communities to assess health needs; develop diagnoses; plan, implement and manage care; and evaluate outcomes of care. A qualified candidate will possess and demonstrate advanced levels of expertise in providing, directing, managing, and influencing the care of rehabilitation patients.
Job Duties, include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team to plan and advocate care that promotes health and prevents disease and disability
- Direct care or manage systems of care for complex patient/family/community populations
- Manage acute and chronic illness, and prescribe, administer, and evaluate pharmacological treatment regimes
- Serve as a mentor, consultant, and educator of nurses in basic and complex practice supporting the functions of all nurses working in rehabilitation settings (inpatient and outpatient).
- Conduct research to expand the knowledge base in rehabilitation nursing
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- 5 years of Medical Surgical, Rehabilitation, or Neurological Nurseing Experience
- 3 years in as Clinical Nurse Specialist (Nurse Educator) or working with board certification
- BLS and ACLS
- Licensed Registered Nurse
- Masters of Science in Nursing - minimum requirement
Must be competent in the following:
- ability to care for the post solid organ transplant patient (i.e., liver) including management of all relevant medication and patient education
- ability to care for the traumatically injured patient including management of all levels of spinal cord injury, including those with various orthotic devices, invasive interventions such as chest tubes, LVADs, wound care devices, intravenous therapy modalities and wound management in collaboration with the wound care team
- ability to care for the brain injured-stroke patient and others with complex neurological disease and disabilities
- ability to care for the patient with complex diabetic needs in collaboration with the diabetes management team.
- conduct necessary audits on specific rehabilitation regulatory requirements and teaches and counsels staff to ensure compliance.
- collaborate with the rehabilitation nursing councils, nurse managers, nurse educator and other multi-disciplinary team members to ensure performance metrics are monitored and plans and executes improvement opportunities.
- oversee and conduct clinical nursing education programs and guides all preceptors and mentors.
- serve on various committees representing nursing, i.e., clinical events review committee, infection control, various working groups and action teams.
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 full and part-time students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.