Respiratory Therapist III Full Time Nights AdventHealth Fish Memorial
$7,500 sign on bonus plus relocation
Location Address: 1055 Saxon Boulevard, Orange City, FL 32763
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Fish Memorial
Work for a healthcare system that believes in “Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ”
Career growth and advancement potential
Opportunity to work in NEW Stand Alone Emergency Department
High quality of life with low cost of living
- No State income tax
Full Time Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Supervises the delivery of cardiopulmonary care in accordance with applicable policy and procedure. Ensures the effectiveness of therapist assessment and reassessment by monitoring patient progress. Recommends change in respiratory plan of care according to documented medical necessity and within the confines of established protocols.
Monitors, instructs and coaches patient before, during and after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side effects. Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other data relevant to optimal patient progress.
Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings. Reevaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed. Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process. Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases which may include Lactic Acid. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in respiratory management according to blood gas results.
Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs CPR.
Operates as support staff for cardiopulmonary diagnostics. This may include performing: cardiac stress testing under direct physician supervision, setting up and discontinuing holter monitors, electrocardiograms, pulmonary function testing and electroencephalograms.
Additional services may include: Conscious sedation, broncho thermaplasty, bedside bronchoscopy, endobronchial ultrasound, navigational bronchoscopy, trans-radial band removal
What you will need:
- Current BLS is required.
- ACLS must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- PALS and/or NRP must be obtained within 90 days of hire if required by incumbent's EFR primary hospital.
- Must have a valid Florida license
- Must have a minimum 3 years of hospital experience as RRT or > 8 years of experience as CRT and at least 1 year of critical care.
- Must be a graduate of an approved respiratory care program; Associates degree or equivalent is required.
The Respiratory Therapist III provides routine, emergent and critical cardiopulmonary care under the direction of a physician to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Takes responsibility as Lead Therapist covering in a supervisory capacity in the absence of a Lead Therapist. Adheres to the Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state and federal agencies and to the standards of all accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.