Center City, Philadelphia, PA
The research tech carries out experiments as part of a team of researchers in the research lab. They will also record and analyze experimental results and collaborate effectively with other team members. This position requires good organizational, communication and computer skills. May include animal and human research which may involve exposure to blood, tissue.
- Assist with data collection during in-vitro and/or animal studies (e.g. manage, service and operate research devices; record observations).
- Assist with data analysis (e.g. organize, manage and transcribe data) and work closely with investigators to present and interpret data.
- Assist in the preparation of reports to sponsors and regulatory agencies
- Assist in writing research proposals and scientific manuscripts.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Laboratory experience preferred.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 full and part-time students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.