Registered Nurse (RN), Critical Care 2, Medical Surgical ICU
Nursing - RN Winchester, Virginia Critical Care 2, Medical Surgical ICU - 206121 Full-Time
Who We Are
Valley Health System is a not-for-profit network of hospitals, urgent cares, physician practices, and services. Expanding across Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland, we are devoted to the health of all who call our 18-county area home.
A vital resource for healthcare, we are the region’s largest employer, a dependable community partner, and are at the leading edge of clinical innovations.
We are looking for passionate, innovative, and caring people who will each bring their unique skills and perspectives to our workplace.
What You Will Do:
The registered professional nurse is responsible for utilizing job skills to effective carry out the nursing process: including assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, evaluation, documentation and time management. She/he is responsible for quality communication, teamwork and leadership/professionalism. Also directs, coordinates and implements patient teaching, quality/safety initiatives, and activities of other health team personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
A Registered Nurse is responsible for the care of the population they are assigned.
What You Will Bring:
QUALIFICATIONS for RN I:
• Education: Associates in Nursing (RN Diploma, ASN or AND) required (NOTE: Refer to Education Progression Nursing Policy: HR408 for future education requirements. As of 2/11/2015, newly hired registered nurses holding a nursing diploma, ASN or ADN (associate’s degree in nursing) will sign an agreement to enroll in a BSN (bachelor’s degree in nursing) program within TWO (2) years of the employment start date and complete the BSN within FIVE (5) years of their employment start date.) Bachelors in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
• Based on primary state of residency and in accordance with current Virginia Board of Nursing Regulations, must be licensed or eligible to practice pending licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia with either a: Multi-state license, under the Nurse Licensure Compact OR Single-state license, valid in Virginia only
• BLS Certification (Basic Life Support) - American Heart 'Healthcare Provider' (HCP) - AHA approved required (New hires must have American Heart Association (AHA) appropriate certification prior to completion of orientation.)
• Competent in providing care based on the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological stages of human growth and development
• Competent to provide care to patients utilizing the nursing process
• Must have a reliable means of phone communication with hospital
QUALIFICATIONS FOR RN II:
• Meets all requirements of a RN I and
• Advancement to this level requires a minimum of 1872 hours of RN experience and completion of annual performance evaluation
• Full time RNs with a BSN or MSN are eligible to apply to this level with 936 hours of RN experience and a completed interim performance evaluation
QUALIFICATIONS FOR RN III:
• Meets all requirements of a RN II
• Bachelors Nursing (BSN) required
Masters Nursing (MSN) preferred
• Advancement to this level requires a minimum of 5616 hours of RN experience.
Criminal Background checks required for all levels and include:
VA State police
3rd Party Background Check
FBI Fingerprinting for Behavioral Health and Float Pool
Central Registry for Behavioral Health, Healthy Families, Float Pool and Maternal/Child and /or Family Birthing staff
WV State Police fingerprinting for NWV Home Health and HMH Staff
What You Will Get:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible scheduling
- Onsite Childcare (available at some locations)
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
*some benefits are subject to change due to job status
We celebrate, support, and thrive on our differences for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and the communities we serve.
We are neighbors caring for neighbors, and our goal is always to help those we serve get well, feel well, and stay well.
20 A Nursing, Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Patient Care Tech.