Registered Nurse -Medical Surgical- R3S- ($10,000 Sign-on Bonus Available)
- Req. Number: 2019-27919
- Posted Date: 12/12/2019
- Shift: 6-Evening/Night
- Work Schedule: 7 pm - 7:30 am with every 3rd weekend and holiday rotation
- Hours: 72 hours per pay period
- Address: 420 S. 5th Avenue
- City, State: West Reading, PA
- Department: NSG R3S
About the Department:
Join our exceptional Observation team that supports our 115-bed, state-of-the-art Emergency Department and accredited Level I Trauma Center as a leader on the nursing team. Our department delivers care to over 135,000 patients a year.
Don’t delay. Apply today to qualify for a generous sign-on bonus!
For a limited time only, Reading Hospital will be offering an RN Sign-On Bonus, $10,000 total payout, for new hires in select areas. To qualify, you must have at least 18 months of RN work experience and start on or before 3/30/2020.
Why Reading Hospital?
- Magnet Designated
- Level I Trauma Center
- Emergency Nurses Association 2018 Lantern Award
- MICU: Silver Beacon Award for Excellence by The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Healthgrades: America's 100 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017-2019)
- Five-Star Ranking, 2019 – one of only 11 hospitals in the state to do so!
- US News & World Report: 6th best hospital in PA
- Comprehensive benefits to include earned time off, enhanced tuition assistance, retirement savings with employer match and so much more!
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Current Pennsylvania RN licensure
- Current BLS Certification
- Previous RN experience, preferred