Radiology Manager at AdventHealth
Date Posted: 5/20/2020
Internal Employees Apply Here Click Here to Get Job Alerts
1 - Day
Texas Health Huguley Hospital
Radiology Manager - Texas Health Mansfield- operated as joint venture between Texas Health Resources and AdventHealth
Location: 2300 Lone Star Road; Mansfield, TX
Top Reasons to Work at Texas Health Mansfield; Mansfield, TX
• Join a family of caregivers focused on whole-person health and committed to making communities healthier.
• Provide wholistic care for patients that extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families. Chaplains are available to meet with patients, families and team members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide spiritual support.
• Help develop a brand new $150 million community hospital and medical office building that will provide services such as Medical/Surgical, ICU, Women’s Services, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Interventional Cardiology and Gastroenterology.
• Grow in your career with AdventHealth, named in 2018 by Becker’s Hospital Review as one of the “150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare”. AdventHealth has partnered with Texas Health Resources, named in 2019 as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, to build Texas Health Mansfield, which is creating new opportunities for employment and professional growth.
• Thrive in the Mansfield community, ranked by CNN/Money Magazine as #17 for “Best Places to Live”. Mansfield is one of the fastest growing areas of North Texas, projected to reach more than 250,000 residents by 2023. Future job growth over the next ten years is predicted to be 41%, higher than the national average of 33.5%. Mansfield has top-rated schools, over 900 acres of parkland, quality housing, a historic downtown area, recreational opportunities for all ages, and a growing business community.
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Plans, directs and supervises all administrative, technical and clerical aspects of the Radiology Department in regard to services, programs and evaluations of such programs.
• Daily oversees all activities in Diagnostic, Special Procedures and Out-Patient Radiology areas to assure quality and efficiency of patient care.
• Ensures safety and security to employees and guests by monitoring equipment and work areas daily for non-compliance for any deficiencies.
• Designates maintenance of existing equipment and such contractual services as may be required and documented by service tickets.
• Demonstrates ability to serve on hospital committees or task forces as assigned by Administration.
• Organizes Department meetings monthly to keep personnel informed of happenings within the department and overall organization as audited by sign-in roster.
• Organizes in-service education programs periodically with documentation in accordance with JCAHO standards.
• Possesses insight for employee potential growth and development and has demonstrated ability to do effective, impartial counseling.
• Actively participates in the Radiologic Science program at TCC School of Technology as a member of the advisory board and makes recommendations for student training as deemed necessary.
• Is responsible for the administration of the department; the preparing of reports, documents, payroll records, statistical surveys and other data required. Provides recruitment of necessary personnel, their selection and appointment, supervision, promotion, demotion of radiologic, technical and clerical personnel. Oversees job assignments, call arrangements and such changes as may be required. Delegates appropriate responsibilities to designated staff.
• Performs performance standard reviews with time limits established by Personnel Department with no more than two late reviews in a 12 month period.
• Reviews annually, employees' state licensure renewals to ensure that all personnel meet minimum requirements as set forth by the Department of Regulations "Radiological Health."
• Is responsible for operating the department within a well and clearly defined budget and protecting the assets of the hospital related to Radiology, including safety and security of the area.
• Submits annual operating budget for approval and adheres to budget as documented in monthly responsibility summary.
• Protects the assets and properties of the hospital to keep unnecessary maintenance and/or replacement to a minimum, as observed by Administration.
• Reviews and recommends changes in Radiology charges as subjective to increased costs or to maintain competitive pricing.
• Reviews with department personnel charging procedures to determine accuracy in patient examination charging to ensure that charges are submitted correctly as verified by charge audits.
• Assures quality of services consistent with JCAHO, state, local and other accrediting or licensing bodies.
• Provides necessary documentation for inspections as required by JCAHO, state and local.
• Supports Quality Assurance (QA) activities, identifies problems, collects data, analyzes data, records and shares results with Director of QA as required.
• Provides radiating monitoring badges for hospital employees as required by the State of Texas "Department of Radiological Health."
• Investigates and reviews Radiology errors, technical occurrences and incidents and informs Director of Risk Management.
• Is responsible for procurement and storage of routing supplies in accordance to the disbursement authorization levels approved by the President.
• Maintains adequate stock levels to provide continued uninterrupted department service.
• Ensures that department expenditures remain within approved operating budget and reports variances and plan of action on a monthly basis to appropriate personnel.
• Daily reviews labor management reports and adjusts staffing as needed, in a timely manner for acuity and safety.
• Assures compensation dollars per hour are at a minimum.
• Ensures that department maintains 100% compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
• Effectively manages the Human Resource function of the department.
• Consistently collaborates with Human Resources on employee relations issues.
• Regularly attends mandatory meetings unless approval is obtained from appropriate personnel.
• Uses the hospital Performance Improvement model to identify and resolve various issues and improve outcomes both interdepartmentally and intradepartmentally.
• Accurately documents processes identified and improvement of this process.
• Participates in data collection, analysis and reporting for on-going Performance Improvement activities.
• Effectively role models appropriate behavior and leadership to all employees, exemplifying the mission and values of the system.
• Performs duties as assigned by Administrative Director and other hospital leadership.
• Has responsibility for supervising all areas of Radiology, Imaging Center; including Nuclear Medicine.
What will you need:
• Five years of experience in Radiology leadership at a management level.
• BS degree preferred, advanced degree desirable.
• Active Certification in the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
• Active Texas State License
• Membership in the professional organization, AHRA desired.
Responsible for overall management of the Radiology Department and for organizing the activities, effectiveness and efficiency. Responsible for associate engagement and service excellence of the Radiology department. Provides positive leadership for personnel, administration, radiologist and other departments within the hospital. Coordinates the department's activities with other activities within the hospital. Communicates and enforces hospital and departmental policies. Plans operational expenses, capital expenditures and changes in services. Recommends equipment and supply purchases for the department. May be appointed to various committees by administration.