Radiologic Technologist Urgent Care - Pisgah Church
This position will also require assisting nursing staff with patient care duties, including to but not limited to, vital signs, EKGs, phlebotomy. Shifts will vary from 10 to 12 hours.
Performs diagnostic radiology procedures by utilizing equipment and employing techniques and procedures that are appropriate to the entire span of ages served in accordance with accepted standards of practice, and demonstrating expertise in limiting radiation exposure to patients and other members of the health care team. Assists radiologists and other qualified staff physicians with invasive procedures, patient scheduling, clerical and image processing functions.
Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology. Minimum six months experience as a diagnostic Radiologic Technologist preferred. One year experience with patients preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered and certified with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Registry eligible and must become registered within 12 months of hire. Certifications from other areas of specialty required. BCLS (CPR) certification.
1. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building. Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures. Participates in departmental in-service and educational offerings. Contributes to the overall quality of services.
2. Performs or assists in performing diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures in accordance with the North Carolina Regulation for Protection Against Radiation. Maintains appropriate education and credentials.
3. Maintains coordination of activities with others to accomplish work objectives.
4. Ensures readiness of emergency equipment and supplies; recognizes and reacts appropriately to potential emergencies.
5. Maintains knowledge of procedures, equipment and systems used to perform job functions. Ensures availability of supplies and readiness of equipment.
6. Ensures accurate patient records via correct data entry, validation and archival of images.
7. Provides instruction, education and consultation to health care personnel and patients to promote improved quality of patient care.
8. Provides emergency on-call coverage after normal working hours as required.
9. Provides age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with Age/Development Specific Guidelines for the age groups served when participating in patient care.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses and other professional staff
Ability to maintain daily schedules
Clinical skills to enable recognition and to function accordingly in relation to priorities of patient needs
Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands
Basic computer skills
Clean work area
Frequent exposure to infections, contagious diseases, to the risk of bloodborne diseases
Exposure to hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes
Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards
Frequent exposure to radiation, flammable and explosive gas hazards
Exposure to a variety of electro-mechanical/power equipment
Possible exposure to odorous chemicals, specimens, housekeeping cleaning agents and chemicals
Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
Exposure to varying and unpredictable situations, and unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness)
Handles emergency or crisis situations
Subject to long, irregular hours
Handles absentee replacement on short notice
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.