Quality Informatics SpecialistListed January 10, 2020 Job Type Mount Nittany Health Dept. Quality Facility Mount Nittany Medical Center Status Full Time PCN 01.95200.390042.001
- 1) Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related field or RN is required. Master’s degree in healthcare related field is preferred.
- 1) Experience in a hospital setting or ambulatory care setting is required.
- 2) Experience with word processing and spreadsheet software is required. Experience with database software is preferred.
- 3) Experience in application of statistical tools and techniques, clinical informatics, and management of data and information systems is preferred.
- 4) Experience implementing and administering clinical quality databases is preferred.
- 5) Experience in healthcare quality preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Proven analytical skills with ability to organize, maintain, process, and analyze large amounts of information and complex issues and communicates findings in a clear, concise manner, including verbally, graphically, and in writing to a variety of audiences.
- 2) Ability to simultaneously manage complex assignments and projects.
- 3) Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff across the System; including the ability to teach technical/analytical concepts.
- 4) Exceptional customer service and demonstrated effective interaction with physicians, patients, and staff.
- 5) Growing base of analytical/technical and process improvement knowledge.
- 6) Oral and written communication skills; Strong diplomacy and collaboration skills.
- 7) Sound decision-making skills.
- 1) Certification in Lean or Six Sigma or equivalent industry training and experience is preferred.
- 2) Certification in project management preferred.
Under the supervision of the Vice President for Quality, the Quality Informatics Specialist is responsible for: analysis of patient safety, efficiency and clinical data; aggregation and reporting of data to effectively analyze and determine opportunities to improve outcomes and/or processes; maintenance of the health system’s performance measurement database(s) (clinical quality, patient safety); preparing reports required by the medical staff for the focused and ongoing professional practice evaluation system; and developed and compiles reports and dashboards from multiple data systems and sources to provide accurate data and pertinent clinical and operational information to various stakeholders of the health system.
Day shift; 8 hr shifts; Flexibility as needed
- Please attach a current resume when applying.
No Weekends; No Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button below. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: HR@mountnittany.org