Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Provide therapy/counseling services to patients enrolled in the Division of Substance Abuse Treatment Program’s Narcotic Addict Rehabilitation Program (NARP). Maintain appropriate and accurate documentation in patient records.
- Provides individual and group therapies, couples counseling, aftercare planning and follow-up services.
- Maintains complete and detailed patient records, meeting all documentation requirements established by federal, state, city, and insurance oversight bodies.
- Functions as an independent but integral member of a clinical treatment team with minimal initial training.
- Offers intake assessments, treatment planning and referral (as needed)
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the values of Jefferson.
Other Functions and Competencies:
- Participate in staff meetings directed at patient intake evaluation, assessment and assignment, treatment planning, and in-service training/supervision.
- Attend training workshops/conferences as they become available and are approved by Division administration.
- Participate in any research projects being conducted by Division faculty at the program of employment.
- Promptly reports errors/events or situations of actual or potential harm.
- Understands emergency procedures and can demonstrate appropriate response.
- Perform other administrative duties of unspecified nature as required by the needs of the program and as requested by program administration.
MA/MS/MSW either in behavioral or social sciences or human services areas.
LCSW, LSW, LPC preferred, but license-eligible individuals will also be considered. Certified Advanced Drug and Alcohol Counselor (CAADC) preferred.
Previous experience is preferred.One semester of clinical practicum experience in a social services, mental health or substance abuse treatment agency is preferred. Background as Psychologist/Psychotherapist/Counselor/Therapist.
Word and Excel proficiency necessary.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in 10 specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have 30,000 employees.
As an employer, the Jefferson Enterprise maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Par Reference Code