Program Administrator - Workforce Development
Req ID: 30500BR
Job Summary: The Workforce Development Program Administrator will work with the Director of Workforce Development to launch programs to help community members connect to job opportunities at BIDMC and help BIDMC employees move forward in their careers. The Program Administrator will manage the following: Selection and hiring of 40+ high school students in the community into paid summer jobs; Structured hands-on internship opportunities for job seekers referred by our community partners; Work with BIDMC community partners who refer job candidates for hire; With Sr. Director of Workforce Development and Community Relations, oversee selection process for employees to be sponsored for external professional opportunities such as the Partnership, Inc and selection process for academic scholarship program; Implementation of some pipeline programs to train employees into hard to fill jobs.
- Crafts implementation plans for launch of BIDMC Workforce Development programs.
- Counsels individuals to help them think through whether a career path is a good fit for them, assess whether they can commit the time and effort needed to be successful in a program.
- Reports regularly to BIDMC and other human resources departments (when applicable) on progress against program goals.
- Continually assesses program performance and considers ways to improve program delivery.
- Creates marketing and informational materials for employees and supervisors.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, education, public administration, or other related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Excellent program management skills and extensive program implementation experience, preferably in a career development, training or educational environment (minimum 3 years' experience required). Experience providing one-on-one career or educational counseling.
- A proven track record of results in a complex environment where multi-tasking and excellent judgment and decision-making skills are required. Excellent critical thinking skills, ability to learn quickly and highly attentive to detail.
- Job requires some evening and occasional weekend work. Ability to travel to occasional meetings across Greater Boston.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus