Under the administrative supervision of the Vice President of Physician & Diagnostic Services, is responsible for performing diversified clinical duties in support of the practice in the care and treatment of primary care patients in a courteous, respectful, and caring manner.
This is a full-time position at Alton Family Medicine.
A. Direct Patient Care
1. Conducts physical diagnostic, medical history taking, and therapeutic procedures within a primary care setting, in a professional manner in accordance with established standards of care and practice.
2. Formulates an appropriate plan of care based on physical exam, patient history and clinical findings, and collaborates with physician(s) as necessary.
3. Contacts patients with follow up information on testing, in accordance with practice and Hospital policy and procedure.
4. Recognizes and reports relevant information that requires urgent attention, and ensures follow through.
5. Writes orders including diagnostic tests, referrals, and medication.
6. Answers patient questions and clarifies concerns regarding medications, diet, activity, and health status.
7. Provides and promotes effective and compassionate care for patients and families.
B. Care Coordination
1. Communicates with referring specialists.
2. Works collaboratively and cooperatively with all members of the multi-disciplinary teams.
3. Make medical diagnoses and institute therapy or referrals of patients to the appropriate healthcare facilities, agencies, other resources of the community, or other physicians.
4. Coordinates treatment with patient and family members.
C. Organizational Responsibilities
1. Participates in staff meetings and cooperates with physicians and coworkers to achieve departmental objectives. Reports concerns and problems as they arise.
2. Ensures confidentiality of employee, legal, client/patient, budget and all organizational matters.
3. Keeps knowledge base current by attending educational programs.
D. Record Utilization
1. Utilizes the current Electronic Medical Record to complete the documented Best Practice Workflows accurately.
2. Documents physical findings and patient response on appropriate worksheets and medical record.
- Education: Medical degree in practice specialty or related field
- Experience: Three years or more as a Physician preferred
- Active DEA Registration
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required
- Licensed by the State of NH as a Physician
- Board Certification commensurate to practice specialty preferred