Primary Care Coop
Req ID: 33972BR
Job Summary: Collaborates with a primary care team to provide quality patient care. This person is someone enrolled in Northeastern University's Co-Op program and seeking additional hands-on experience in a primary care setting.
- Supports patient access to the practice by answering, screening, and processing a high volume of incoming calls in a dedicated call center
- Serves as a primary point of contact for patients and visitors in an outpatient unit.
- Provides excellent customer service through clear communication.
- Performs a wide variety of medical assisting activities during patient visits in an outpatient clinical setting.
- Interacts with diverse populations including patients, medical staff practitioners, and medical center personnel.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Enrolled in Northeastern University's Co-Op program.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.