Providence Health has two campus locations. Providence Health's main campus is located in the heart of downtown Columbia. The 258-bed hospital is best known for its expertise in cardiac care and serves as a nationally-recognized referral center for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Located near Highway 77 in Northeast Columbia, Providence Health Northeast, is a 74-bed full-service hospital with special focus on neurosurgery, orthopedic care, and emergency services. For more information on Providence Health please visit:
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health is looking for a skilled Precertification Coordinator, PRN to join their Float Pool team.
- Responsible for obtaining a daily list of scheduled accounts and identifying those where an authorization is required to perform the procedure
- Contact the payers and obtain the appropriate authorization based on member plan and requirements
- Maintain a matrix of payers and procedures requiring authorization Contact
- Have a detailed understanding of the major plans and be able to easily identify
- Provide updates and feedback to the rest of the scheduling team as new information is learned related to payer requirements
- Serve as backup to scheduling and pre-registration as needed
Minimum Work Experience
Precertification or related experience
Downtownand Northeast Campus
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran