PHYSICIANS ASSOCIATE-ANESTHESIOLOGY-FT -Varied
- New York, New York
- Physician Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Physician Assistant - PACU - FT - Monday - Friday
PACU Physician Assistant Position
Department of Anesthesiology
- We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Physician Assistant to work in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit as part of the Anesthesiology Department. This position will have the Physician Assistant participating in the care of patients after surgical procedures while working together with the Anesthesiologists, surgical services, consult services, and nursing staff. This Physician Assistant role will focus on complex patients, and those who have undergone complex procedures due to their increased risk for acute instability.We are seeking a Physician Assistant who has excellent interpersonal skills, and who has the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in acute situations. This role will have the Physician Assistant working closely, and constantly communicating with a large team of Physicians, Residents, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, and Nurses from many different specialty services in the Hospital.Core Responsibilities/Procedures:- Obtain sign out from surgical/anesthesiology staff as patients are brought to the PACU- Order diagnostic laboratory, radiological tests, and therapeutic interventions when indicated- Perform Venipuncture (including IV catheters)- Perform point of care ultrasound- Insert nasogastric or oro-gastric tubes- Document clearly in the medical chart
- - Perform history and physical exam
- - Assist in placing arterial catheters and central venous catheters
- - Perform arterial puncture
- - Write orders for medications
- - Review treatment plans for patients
- - Participate in patient rounds with supervising Physician and team
- This position is full time, days, Monday-Friday, no nights, no weekends, no holidays.
- The role for this Physician Assistant is uniquely integrative, and excellent for personal growth. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple different specialties including cardiology, vascular, pulmonary, nephrology, internal medicine, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, transplant surgery, general surgery, all while caring for patients in a monitored unit.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Eligibility Requirements: Graduate from an ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant) program, or equivalent as approved by the New York State Education Department. (Additional education/experience may be required for some specialty areas).
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS Board of Medicine
- Current unrestricted DEA certificate for mid-level providers. (Full schedule: 2, 2N, 3, 3N, 4, 5)
- NYS Mandated Infection Control Course Certificate (renewable every four years)
- Current BLS and ACLS certification (for all Departments other than Pediatrics)
- Current BLS and PALS certification is required for all Physician Assistants working within the Department of Pediatrics.
- For Physician Assistants working in the public school system through the Mount Sinai Hospital Adolescent Health Center, only BLS certification is required.
- License: Physician Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
Mount Sinai Health System
© 2018 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai Health System endeavors to make Mount Sinai's Career Center accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at P: 646-605-4600 or click on the Live Chat icon below! | LCA Notices