Physician's Assistant Mount Sinai Queens Dept of Medicine Nights
- Astoria, New York
- Physician Assistant
Job DescriptionStrength Through DiversityGround breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of a physician, provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services. The P.A. provides a broad spectrum of comprehensive medical services, treating patients with physical ailments, ranging from superficial injuries to acute medical disorders. Case mix complexity consists primarily of routine cases in a structured environment with ample supervision.
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
- Bachelor in Science or Masters degree
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current unrestricted DEA certificate
- Basic Computer skills to navigate Electronic Medical Record
- MS Office Basic
150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
Mount Sinai Health System
© 2018 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai Health System endeavors to make Mount Sinai's Career Center accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at P: 646-605-4600 or click on the Live Chat icon below! | LCA Notices