hysician – Pulmonologist – Part-time 20 hours
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: November 26, 2019
The Pulmonologist provides total medical care/services to patients as related to their specialty. Service scope covers patients in both the inpatient, ambulatory and post-acute care settings. The Pulmonologist is responsible to the Chair of Medicine and works collaboratively to ensure program adherence to evidence-based medical standards, quality initiatives and reliable execution of intended processes. Services are provided in accordance with the rules, regulations, and policies established by the job descriptions of the State of Maryland, BPQA, AMA, HCFA, and AAMC..
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Maintain and grow specialty in medical community, ensuring efficient access and a high quality of clinical care, incorporating evidenced based practices in clinical decision making, as judged by medical peers.
- Participates in multidisciplinary care of the patient.
- Responsible for implementing, coordinating, and administering the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for patients requiring care in the acute, post-acute and ambulatory care settings.
- Facilitates communication and interactions between the patients, families, peers, ancillary staff, and consultants.
- Ensures accurate and timely completion of medical records, orders, and documentation to maintain compliance with medical staff, local/state/federal, licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Participates in practice and hospital/service call on scheduled days, on a rotational basis.
- Supervises the activities and deployment of Advanced Practice Provider (APP’s) on the Pulmonary Service.
- Supervise Undergraduate and Graduate Medical Education, as necessitated by presence of UGME and GME trainees.
- Participates in design and development of clinical pathways, care management protocols and performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates in educational activities for the Pulmonary Team.
- Participates in assuring compliance of Pulmonary Service in meeting Joint Commission, HIPPA, Corporate compliance and hospital, medical staff policies, procedures, protocols and standards.
- Consults with medical staff to discuss optimal methods of treatment for specific diagnoses and facilitates achievement of care coordination goals through this peer-to-peer communication.
- Assists the Medical Director/ Chair of Medicine in the monitoring, investigation, triage and proactive addressing of all customer service, patient safety and quality of care issues concerning the Pulmonary service that arise from patients, families, medical staff, hospital staff or community physicians.
- Participates on hospital committees as appropriate to the delivery of Pulmonary services within the hospital. Regularly attends medical staff, departmental meetings and other committee meetings as assigned.
- Participates in regular documented meetings with the Pulmonary staff to address patient flow, quality, scheduling and patient and physician relationships and other topics as necessary to improve efficiency, timeliness and reduce unintended variation in care and process.
- Is responsive and provides timely feedback, routinely communicates and collaborates collegially with the Medical Director / Chair of Medicine, other physicians, hospital leaders and administrative staff regarding Pulmonary services.
- Assures that residents comply with medical staff rules and regulations.
- Participates in Resident performance evaluations.
- Participates in Advance Practice Provider, Nursing, respiratory and ancillary staff education.
- Participates in Performance Improvement projects, protocol/guideline development and evaluation of outcomes.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine (Doctor degree).
- Completion of residency in Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Medicine Fellowship.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Current state license to practice medicine, DEA, and CDS Board certificate in area of specialty.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Expert knowledge to perform and/or supervise Pulmonary procedures in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Experience in and dedication to the role of Quality improvement initiatives.
- Commitment to scholarship.
- Interest in outcomes and other forms of research.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated persuasive clinical leadership and teambuilding skills.
- Excellent motivator and communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work creatively and independently.
- Fundamental knowledge of PC based applications.
- Desire to participate in teaching activities and mentoring of medical students.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)