Physician – Hematology/Oncology – Full-time
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: June 17, 2020
Luminis Health’s Geaton and DeCesaris Cancer Institute (DCI) is seeking Fellowship-trained, Board Certified/Board Eligible, Hematologist/Oncologists with sub specialization encouraged to join us in our well-established cancer program. The Luminis Health Cancer Service Line includes the comprehensive cancer programs for our two hospitals Anne Arundel Medical Center and Doctor’s Community Medical Center that encompasses seven counties in Maryland. Our program diagnoses over 2,500 new cancer patients each year and has experienced growth year over year. This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of a vibrant and growing cancer service line for our communities. Our cancer program remains firmly rooted in our respective communities that we serve, delivering highest quality, evidence-based patient-centered and compassionate cancer care.
We deliver comprehensive cancer care, utilizing the most advanced treatments and clinical trials available, with programs ranging from cancer prevention through survivorship.
Key aspects of our program:
- Accredited by the AcoS-CoC as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center (DCI)
- Three infusion centers with total of 59 infusion chairs
- Oncology Certified Nurses [OCN] in both ambulatory and inpatient oncology units
- Nurse Navigation & Financial Navigation
- AAMC’s Research Instititue with active participation in cancer clinical trials, including industry-sponsored and cooperative group trials, and the Johns Hopkins Cancer Research Network [JHCRN]
- Nationally recognized and largest-volume breast and lung cancer programs within the region
- ACR Lung Screening Center of Excellence
- Comprehensive, hospital-based radiation oncology program with state-of-the-art technology, including HDR/LDR/ STS/SBRT
- Dedicated inpatient medical surgical oncology unit
- GME residency programs in General Surgery, Internal Medicine and OB/GYN
To provide total medical care/services to patients as related to their specialty. Services are provided in accordance with the rules, regulations, and policies established by the job descriptions of the State of Maryland, BPQA, AMA, HCFA, and AAMC.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides patient education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Communicates with other physicians about patient treatments/ therapy.
- Takes call for group on scheduled days and refers patients to appropriate specialists as necessary.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, BPQA (Board of Physicians Quality Assurance), AMA (American Medical Association), HCFA, and AAHS policies.
- Graduate of an accredited school of medicine (Doctor degree).
- Completion of residency in specified field of specialty.
- Current state license to practice medicine, DEA, and CDS Board certificate in area of specialty.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)