Physician Assistant - Urology - Men's Health - No Nights - No weekends
- New York, New York
- Physician Assistant
Job DescriptionStrength Through DiversityGround breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Department: Urology: REQ. # 2340666
Position: Physician Assistant
- Assesses patient health by interview and by obtaining and/or updating medical history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel. Recognizes and evaluates patients who require the immediate attention of a physician and, when necessary, initiates emergency medical treatment without supervision.
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and laboratory studies. Follows-up on x-rays and laboratory data. Interprets diagnostic test results.
- Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing, post-operative care and management of wound care and infections. Utilizes diagnostic techniques, such as observation, palpation, percussion or auscultation.
- Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens and health maintenance.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
- Eligibility Requirements: Graduate from an ARC-PA (Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant) program, or equivalent as approved by the New York State Education Department. (Additional education/experience may be required for some specialty areas).
- Current certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician Assistant issued by the NYS Board of Medicine
- Current unrestricted DEA certificate for mid-level providers. (Full schedule: 2, 2N, 3, 3N, 4, 5)
- NYS Mandated Infection Control Course Certificate (renewable every four years)
- Current BLS and ACLS certification (for all Departments other than Pediatrics)
- Current BLS and PALS certification is required for all Physician Assistants working within the Department of Pediatrics.
- For Physician Assistants working in the public school system through the Mount Sinai Hospital Adolescent Health Center, only BLS certification is required.
- License: Physician Assistant
150 East 42nd Street
New York, NY 10017
Mount Sinai Health System
© 2018 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai Health System endeavors to make Mount Sinai's Career Center accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact our Talent Acquisition team at P: 646-605-4600 or click on the Live Chat icon below! | LCA Notices