Physician Assistant, Total Joint Replacement
NP/PA/CRNA Worcester, Massachusetts
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 191899
Title: Physician Assistant
Posting Date: Feb 12, 2019
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Center – Memorial Campus
Under the general supervision of a physician, the Physician Assistant is responsible for providing varied medical services, including: obtaining complete medical history and performing a physical examination; ordering and interpreting laboratory tests and imaging studies; formulating a diagnosis and treatment plan; prescribing and/or dispensing medication; assisting in surgery or other invasive procedures; counseling patients and families.
Orthopedic experience preferred
A Bachelor’s degree and Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program are required. The employee must have current Massachusetts license, issued by the Physician Assistant Board, and current NCCPA certification. If prescribing medications is included in clinical duties and privileges, Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration and federal DEA Controlled Substance Registration are required.
- Performs and documents a complete history and physical examination, including review of the available medical record, to formulate diagnoses and treatment plan.
- Orders and reviews appropriate laboratory tests and imaging studies.
- Participates in daily inpatient rounds, interviews and examines patients, reviews laboratory data and other clinical studies, and records daily progress notes.
- Requests consultations and communicates with consultants.
- Performs routine bedside or clinical procedures, as described in the Delineation of Privileges.
Standards of Respect:
We’re striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial – for our patients and for each other. We’re expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player, and Be Kind, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.