Physician Assistant: Neurosurgery Mount Carmel Medical Group
Posted on November 13th
At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care. Our providers are proud to go the extra mile. This dedication to doing what’s right – and working together to make it all happen for our patients – is what truly sets Mount Carmel apart. Our Clinical Support teams ensure that success every day, and Mount Carmel ensures they have the resources and opportunities to succeed.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in supporting a busy neurosurgeon. Your schedule will mirror the neurosurgeon. You will work as First Assist with the neurosurgeon on surgery days and see outpatients when the surgeon has scheduled clinic days.
Excellent compensation, signing bonus, paid on-call, benefit eligible and annual CME stipend.
- Manages the care and treatment of patients as indicated in the professional scope of practice and within current standards and protocols.
- Coordinates inpatient care for all patients. Rounds on all patients to ensure continuity of care continuity of care. Assures appropriate care coordination is implemented for individual patients.
- Initiates and leads performance improvement activities with a focus on achieving top quartile on clinical indicators.
- Education: Successful completion of a physician assistant program that qualifies for certification status in Ohio. Master's degree required.
- Licensure/Certification: Current licensure, certification or registration in the State of Ohio, National Certification Commission for Physician Assistant (NCCPA) certification.
- New graduates who have had a neurosurgery rotation will be considered on a case by case basis.
- BLS provider certification
- ACLS may be required
- DEA license
- Strong clinical assessment and analytical skills
- Self-directed professional with strong organizational skills
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
© 2018 Mount Carmel Health System • Columbus, Ohio