Regular / Day
We Are Hiring
Physician-Addictionologist - Full-Time,Day - Brighton Center for Recovery - Brighton, MI
Why Join Ascension?
When you join Ascension and Ascension Medical Group, you are entering a partnership where physician engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
Your practice will be supported by a robust practice management platform, proven administrative and revenue cycle management services and some of the most current and physician-friendly EHRs on the market.
Physicians benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
As a Addictionologist Physician with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Additional responsibilities as stated in the Physician's Employment Agreement for Professional Services.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- DEA controlled substance registration required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- One or more of the following:
- Unrestricted Michigan license to practice allopathic or osteopathic medicine in Michigan required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy required
- 1 year of experience required.
- BE/BC in specialty.
- AOBNP and ABMS Certification and Suboxone Waiver preferred.
- Position is for PRN and part of on-call schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.