Physical Therapist – Outpatient Physical Therapy – PT360 (Home Health) – 30 hours per week
Category: Allied Health
Location: Pasadena, MD
Posted Date: January 30, 2020
Evaluates patients for physical therapy services and provides therapeutic intervention according to departmental standards. Assesses the appropriateness and effectiveness of services provided to patients and documents according to departmental standards.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Performs physical therapy evaluations and develops an effective treatment plan appropriate to a patient’s rehabilitation needs within the care continuum and according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Selects and competently uses a variety of appropriate treatment techniques.
- Demonstrates the ability and required competencies to cross cover, i.e., evaluate and treat patients with a variety of diagnoses in various units.
- Documents physical therapy evaluations including Patient’s Response to Treatment according to departmental standards.
- Consistently documents Rehab Plan of Care, Patient and/or Family Education, Interdisciplinary Plan of Care according to departmental standards.
- Documents physical therapy treatments including updating goals in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care and Patient’s Response to Treatment.
- Provides technical supervision, direction, and support to staff Physical Therapist Assistants, Physical Therapy Aides, students, and volunteers.
- Actively participates in departmental in-service activities and journal club. Attends continuing education seminars and conducts seminar related in-services in a timely manner.
- Consults with and serves as a resource for physicians, nursing staff, and other clinicians to increase knowledge of physical therapy and to identify the need for physical therapy services for patients of all ages.
- Participates in clinical pathways and/or interdisciplinary meetings when indicated. Provides in-service training to other disciplines when indicated.
- Bachelors Physical Therapy
- Outpatient rehabilitation or related experience; however, new graduates will be considered.
- Physical Therapist
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- If self-transporting must meet valid transportation requirements including maintaining a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)