Full Time 9am- 6pm
Full time, days at WFHN Laboratory Services-Westchester in High Point
Collects blood and performs laboratory testing in the clinical laboratory.
High school diploma or GED equivalent. Participation in a certified phlebotomist program with current certification or two years' experience in a related field.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION: American Heart Association BLS Provider certification required.
1. Prepares equipment to collect blood products efficiently.
2. Performs venipuncture, arterial, and capillary punctures on patients as ordered by providers.
3. Identifies and labels specimens and tests.
4. Conducts laboratory tests on specimens.
5. Enters data on forms/into computer.
6. Assists donor before, during, and after donation.
7. Instructs patient on urine collection procedures.
8. Cleans/sterilizes equipment, instruments, and work area following safety, cleanliness, and infection control procedures.
9. Practices sterile technique and prevents cross contamination. Handles blood and body fluids and deals with infectious patients.
10. Maintains patient records and charts, ensuring that lab reports, x-rays, and other pertinent information is in the patient chart.
11. Prepares test specimens for transport to outside laboratories, by mail or courier, and ensuring that specimens are properly labeled, handled, and transported to the correct laboratory to expedite patient results.
12. Inventories supplies and places orders, receives and stores supplies in appropriate areas.
13. Assists in Lipid and Coumadin Clinic counseling.
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.