Phlebotomist - CertifiedListed January 10, 2020 Job Type Mount Nittany Health Dept. Laboratory Facility Mount Nittany Medical Center Status Regular Part Time PCN 01.70200.531045.007
- 1) High school graduate or equivalent
- 2) Graduate of a certified Phlebotomy program or equivalent
- 1) Preference may be given to a candidate with experience in a hospital laboratory as a phlebotomist
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 1) Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, patients, medical staff, visitors, and other Medical Center personnel
- 2) Must be able to make mature judgments
- 3) Must possess a pleasant personality for dealing with patients
- 1) Certified Phlebotomist with ASCP, AMT, CLSI or equivalent certification
- 2) Must have valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License and an available vehicle
- 3) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
Under the direction of supervisors is directly responsible for the prompt, efficient and accurate performance of a variety of specimen collection and handling procedures. Will collect specimens from in-patients, out-patients, nursing homes and other facilities as required.
Rotating All Shifts; 8/10 hr shifts; Will be scheduled up to 48hrs/pay; May be scheduled for additional hours based on dept needs.
Includes Weekend Work; Rotating Holidays
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your bid by clicking on the APPLY button no later than 12:00 Noon, on the closing date. Complete ALL fields on the electronic bid form. Failure to complete the job bid may render you ineligible for this position.
EXTERNAL CANDIDATES: Please submit your application by clicking on the APPLY button below. Please direct all questions to Human Resources: HR@mountnittany.org