Pharmacy Technician II - Outpatient - Full-Time,Req Id: 12265
Aurora, CO, US
- Share via email
- Share via Facebook
- Share via linkedIn
- Share via Twitter
Add to job cart
Facility: UCHealth Hospital – Aurora, CO
Department: Outpatient Pharmacy
- High School Diploma or GED is required
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Come Grow With Us
Come join a rapidly growing health system as a pharmacy technician. Entry level positions available. No pharmacy experience required.
As an academic medical center we can provide on the job training. Why spend up to $11,000 on technician classes when you can learn in an actual pharmacy.
Don't just start a new job, consider a new career in pharmacy.
Provides distributive pharmacy services, assistance and support for the registered pharmacist.
- Assist with all phases of pharmacy services.
- Work with patients, providers, and insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations.
- Answer phone calls from patients and providers in a timely manner.
- Accurately read, interpret and enter prescriptions in a timely manner. Route questionable prescriptions to the pharmacist for completion.
- Prepare medication orders and deliver prescriptions according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Accurately type, bill and prepare prescriptions to extent allowed by state and federal rules and regulations. Perform basic calculations to determine doses and correct day supplies to be billed to 3rd party insurance companies.
- Process prescription refill requests.
- Fill prescriptions for dispensing to patients.
- Dispense filled prescriptions to patients.
- Handle cash, credit, and check transactions accurately. Reconcile cash drawers.
- File prescriptions hardcopies, reports, and other pharmacy records.
- Complete inventory duties as scheduled, including outdates.
- Maintain cleanliness of pharmacy work areas and work to ensure a clutter-free work environment.
- Participate in quality and patient safety initiatives. Identify potential areas for improvement including processes that could be streamlined or revised to improve patient satisfaction. Identify potential safety hazards that may create problems for patients and/or staff, and take appropriate actions. Participate in departmental meetings, contributing ideas or feedback.
- Understand boundaries of licensure/scope under direction of the pharmacist.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Promote mission, vision, and values of UCHealth.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Certification as a Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) and state licensure if required by law.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.
Email this job
To access this job from another computer, email this information to yourself or a friend.
To Email address
Aurora, CO, US
Get Notified for Similar Jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address Activate
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Pharmacy Technician II - Outpatient - Full-Time
Aurora, CO, US
Pharmacy Technician II - Outpatient - PRN
Loveland, CO, US
Pharmacy Technician II - Full-Time
Loveland, CO, US
Pharmacy Technician II - PRN
Highlands Ranch, CO, US