Patient Transport Assistant - evenings
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 30167BR
Job Summary: Safely transports patients to and from the department according to departmental protocols.
- Recognizes and assumes responsibility for reporting patient care or safety concerns to appropriate staff.
- Initiates a friendly but respectful relationship with patients and demonstrates responsiveness to patient's
physical, psychological and social needs. Makes judgments with regards to patient care and operational
flow based on established policies and guidelines.
- Collaborates and effectively communicates with physicians and other health care professionals.
- Safely transports patients to and from the department according to departmental protocols. Promptly
notifies appropriate personnel of any delays that may affect operational work flow. Depending on the department Transporters are required to transport deceased patients to the morgue.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of working area, stretchers and wheelchairs, IV poles and other
items used in patient transportation.
- Some High School required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Very Heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force continually. Employee is physically active in all elements of the job.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.