- AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
- The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
- The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
- This is a part time (on-Call) position (at least two days a week) 1st shift position. Hours are 7am – 3:30pm variable days to include working every other weekend.
- Cleans assigned areas daily, including collecting and removing trash, and sanitizing all surfaces
- Follows policies and procedures in accordance with facility standards
- Stocks paper items and other supplies in assigned areas as necessary or designated
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of infection control, isolation procedures and proper operation of cleaning equipment related to cleaning. Documents all work that has been performed
- Stocks cart daily with paper products and cleaning solution. Cleans patient rooms, public areas, restrooms, offices and ancillary rooms in assigned areas. Collects and disposes of trash (contaminated or non-contaminated) in an appropriate manner. Collects and stages soiled linen for pick up. Procedures include but are not limited to: sweeping, dust mopping, damp mopping, high dusting, wall washing, scrubbing, bed making and vacuuming
- Interacts with patients/customers in an appropriate manner
- Ability to read, write and speak conversational English (Required)
- Basic computer skills and use of mouse and keyboard (Required)
- One Year of housekeeping or custodial experience (Preferred)
The Patient /Area Cleaner will utilize the 10-step process to perform daily cleaning of patient rooms, ancillary areas, restrooms, offices, public areas and corridors. Patient/Area Cleaner will extend AdvenHealth’s mission through outstanding patient care; utilizing iCARE principles and AH Service Standards: Love me, Own it, Keep me Safe, and Make it Easy. Patient/Area Cleaners duties include transport of hazardous waste from the point of generation to a designated secure storage area, provides supplies to mentioned areas as appropriate, and maintains areas of responsibility to the high standards set by the department, its members, and AdventHealth.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.